Bhilai: IIT Bhilai, an institute of national importance, invites applications for admission to Sponsored PhD programs in various departments for the session starting from December 2018. Sponsored candidate does not receive Institute fellowship.
Key Dates: Start date for application (online only) is October 15, 2018. The last date for submitting online application form is 09 November 2018. The Last date for completing the payment is 09 November 2018.
Eligibility criteria for PhD admission
A. Applicants must have ONE of the following in appropriate subject areas.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD).
- Master’s degree in science, arts or equivalent degree, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST/PwD).
B. Applicants must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements.
- Valid GATE Score / NET (refer Table 1).
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR or DST INSPIRE Fellowship.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience. The experience gained while acquiring Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or experience acquired after obtaining the qualifying degree and completed before the starting of the semester in which admission is sought may be considered as professional experience.
- BTech in IIT with a CPI/CGPA of 8.0 or more.
Discipline specific criteria for PhD admissions
Chemistry: CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Chemical Sciences or GATE in CY.
Computer Science and Engineering: GATE score in CS/ EC/ EE/ MA/ PH if applicable.
Electrical Engineering: GATE score in EE/ EC/ IN/ CS/ MA/ PH if applicable.
Liberal Arts: Qualified in NET.
Mathematics: CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Mathematical Sciences or GATE in MA or JRF in NBHM/DST-INSPIRE.
Mechanical Engineering: GATE score in AE/ CE/ ME/ PI/ PH/ XE if applicable
Physics: CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) in Physical Sciences or GATE in PH/EE
For exact details on eligibility conditions, how to apply and other detail, the candidates should refer the PhD Admission page on the official website of IIT Bhilai.