New Delhi: Twenty Five institutions across various categories like Universities, Technical Institutions, Colleges and Government institutions have won SWACHHTA’ Ranking – 2017 of Higher Educational Institutions. O. P. Jindal Global University, Sonipat among universities, Kongu Arts and Science CollegeErode among colleges, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore among technical institutes and G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar emerge as the top rank holders in SWACHHTA’ Ranking – 2017 of Higher Educational Institutions.
Before the award ceremony an exercise to rank Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) on the basis of cleanliness and hygiene has been undertaken and concluded. Parameters for a clean campus were formulated, like student/toilet ratio, kitchen hygiene, availability of running water, modernity of toilet & kitchen equipment, campus green cover, garbage disposal in hostels and academic buildings, disposal techniques, water supply systems and also a certain weightage to whether the institutions has adopted any neighbouring locality or village to spread awareness & activities in Swachhta.
About 3500 HEIs responded to the online invitation, submitting all their details as per format. The top 174 institutions were shortlisted as per criteria and officials from UGC and AICTE inspected the premises of all 174 institutions. Finally, the top 25 institutions across various categories like Universities, Technical Institutions, Colleges and Government institutions were selected and they were awarded on the occasion. This exercise will help generate peer pressure amongst institutions in the all important area of cleanliness.
An award ceremony based on ‘SWACHHTA’ Ranking 2017 of Higher Educational Institutions was held in New Delhi today. Union Human Resource Development Minister, Mr Prakash Javadekar gave away the prizes to the awardees.
Mr Prakash Javadekar congratulated the awardees of ‘SWACHHTA’ Ranking- 2017 of Higher Educational Institutions. Speaking on the occasion, the Minister said that the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is the most significant cleanliness campaign by the Government of India. Under this mission more than four crore and eighty lakhs toilets were constructed in India since 2nd October, 2014 and more than two lakhs villages are now open defecation free.
List of Institutions awarded on Swachhata Rankings
- O. P. Jindal Global University, Sonipat, Haryana
- MANIPAL UNIVERSITY, JAIPUR, Rajasthan
- Chitkara University, Kalu Jhanda (Barotiwala), Solan, HP
- K.L.E. Academy of Higher Education and Research, Belgaum, Karnataka
- Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Agra , UP
- Kongu Arts and Science College, Erode,TN
- Vidya Pratishthans Arts, Commerce & Science College, M.I.D.C.Baramati, Maharashtra
- RAMAKRISHNA MISSION VIVEKANANDA COLLEGE, Chennai, TN
- Vivekanandha College of Arts & Science (W), Tiruchengode,TN
- S N R Sons College, Coimbatore, TN
- G. College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore, TN
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, TN
- Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation,Guntur, AP
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai, TN
- Vivekanandha College of Engineering for Women, Tiruchengode, TN
- M.D Engineering College, Chennai, TN
- M.K Engineering College, Chennai, TN
- ABES INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, GHAZIABAD, UP
- B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, UK
- Madurai Kamraj University, Madurai, TN
- Alagappa University, Alagappa Nagar, Karaikudi, TN
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, HP
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, Assam
- Govt Post-graduate College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh
- Punjab University, Chandigarh, Punjab