New Delhi: The new academic year is about to start in the next couple of months. Many premier universities have already published their admission notification for various higher degree programmes. Students have tough time how to select their dream university where they will pursue their high study.
On this context, India Ranking Report 2017, a comprehensive report published by Ministry of HRD, has released yesterday lists of top educational institutes in India for 2017. Out of six categories of ranking lists, the best university list assumes most significant. IISc Bangalore has topped the universities in India and its dominance in the ranking report has continued for this year also.
The next two top positions are bagged by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi (2) and Banaras Hindu University (BHU, Varanasi (3). BHU has seen a jump of four places compared to previous year ranking of seven, as per NIRF 2017.
The most surprise part of the NIRF 2017 is that the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore, is a multidisciplinary research institute, bagged fourth spot. Jadavpur University from West Bengal secures fifth rank while Anna University form Tamil Nadu finds sixth place.
University of Hyderabad grabs seventh position while University of Delhi bags eight place. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore emerges as the top private university in India with all India rank of nine. Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune finds tenth spot in the NIRF 2017.
Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh features at the 11th place as Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi stands at 12th spot. Birla Institute of Technology & Science –Pilani (BITS Pilani) emerges as the 13th best university in India. Another private university Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore stands at 14th place.
Meanwhile, Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi, India’s premier agriculture institute, secures 15th spot. Two agricultural universities are among the top twenty as Tamil Nadu Agricultural University stands at 17th place.
Among best 20 universities, five are private universities: Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, BITS Pilani, VIT, Vellore, Manipal Academy of Higher Education-Manipal, and Siksha`O` Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar.
List of Best Universities in India as per NIRF 2017:
- Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, Bengaluru
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bengaluru Karnataka
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Anna University, Chennai
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- University of Delhi, Delhi
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore
- Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- Jamia Millia Islami, New Delhi
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science –Pilani,
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore Tamil Nadu
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
- Calcutta University, Kolkata
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education-Manipal
- Visva Bharati, Kolkata
- Siksha`O` Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar
- Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai
- Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research, Chennai
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- Gauhati University, Guwahati
- Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
- Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram
- Tezpur University, Tezpur