New Delhi: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Jammu has invited applications from qualified Indian Nationals, Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Overseas of India (OCIs) for the various faculty positions: Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor and Assistant Professor (on contract).
The closing date for submission of online job application is 17 April 2017. The institute informed that candidates should visit the IIT Jammu website (https://recruit.iitd.ac.in/iitjammu), prepare and submit on-line the completed application for appointment against the above positions.
The faculty positions are available in the following departments:
- Computer Science & Engineering: Programming languages, Analysis and Language Implementation, Distributed and Multicore computing, operating systems and cloud computing, computer Architecture.
- Chemistry: Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry.
- Civil Engineering: Structural Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Transportation Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering (Including Electronics and Telecommunication): All areas of Electrical Engineering including Electronics and Circuits, Power System, Power Electronics, Machines and Drives.
- Humanities and Social Sciences Economics: English, Linguistics, Sociology, Philosophy, Psychology.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Harmonic Analysis, Functional Analysis, Number Theory, Topology, Numerical Analysis, Matrix Theory, Partial Differential Equations, Optimizations, Probability and Statistics
- Mechanical Engineering: Mechanical Design, Industrial Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Fluids Engineering, Solid Mechanics.
- Physics: All areas of Physics.
Professor/ Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor: A PhD, with 1st class or equivalent grade at the preceding degree in an appropriate discipline with a very good academic record throughout.
Professor: Minimum 10 years Teaching/Research/Industrial experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs or in similar institutes of national importance or at an equivalent level in any other Indian or Foreign Institutions/Institutions of comparable standards.
Associate Professor: Minimum 6 years Teaching/Research/Industrial experience of which at least 3 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent in IITs or in similar Institutes of National importance or at an equivalent level in any other Indian or Foreign Institutions/ Institutions of comparable standards.
Assistant Professor: Minimum 3 Years Teaching/Research/Industrial experience Post PhD.
Candidates with PhD but with less than 3 years experience can also be considered for Assistant Professor on contract on pay as approved by the Board of Governors, IIT Delhi being the mentor Institute.
The candidates should preferably be below 35 years of age for Assistant Professor. Three years relaxation for females can be considered. Other relaxations as per Govt. of India rules.
IIT Jammu informed that the institute is open to receiving applications from candidates with any specialization in the above disciplines. Government of India policy on reservation of faculty positions as applicable to IITs, including that for persons with disability, will apply. The minimum requirement of qualifications and/or experience may be relaxed in respect of exceptionally outstanding candidates in certain disciplines.
For exact eligibility conditions, how to apply and other details, interested candidates should refer the exact Job Advertisement of IIT Jammu: http://iitjammu.ac.in/ .
IIT Jammu is operating from a Temporary Campus located within Jammu city. IIT Jammu has been allotted about 400 acres land in Village Jagti, on the highway to Srinagar, about 15 Km from Jammu city. IIT Delhi is mentor institute of IIT Jammu.