Amritsar: Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU), Amritsar has invited online applications from eligible candidates for the posts of Assistant Professors (on contract basis, fixed pay) in various subjects of teachings departments of its main campus, Regional campuses, University Colleges & Constituent Colleges for maximum of 10 months (July 2018–April/May-2019) for the academic session 2018-19.
The total number posts are more than 400. The notification mentioned that these posts are offered on a contract basis.
Opening date for on-line Registration of applications: 17 May 2018
Last date for on-line Registration/submission of application: 28 May 2018
Last date for submitting the hard copy/print out of online application and supporting documents to the Registrar, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar-143005 (Pb.) is 01 June 2018
Qualifications: As per UGC Guidelines strictly. In rare cases if UGC Net qualified candidates are not available, the candidates having post graduate in the relevant subject (minimum 55% marks) shall be considered for appointment.
Emoluments: – (i) UGC NET qualified: Rs. 30,000/ p.m.
(ii) Non-NET qualified: Rs. 22,000/-p.m.
(iii) For subjects where NET is not conducted by UGC or any other agency, Emoluments as per (i), above shall be considered.
List of some departments where Teaching posts available : (For details candidates should refer Advertisement)
- University School of Financial Studies
- Computer Engineering & Technology
- Computer Science
- Foreign Languages- French-3 &Russian-1
- Guru Nanak Studies -Religious Philosophy 1 & Guru Nanak Studies 1
- Education -Special Education/ 2 Inclusive Education Educational Psychology 1 Educational Technology/ 2 ICT
- Food Science & Technology
- GRD School of Planning
- Human Genetics
- Library & Information Science
- Music-Instrumental 1 & Vocal 1
- MYAS-GNDU Deptt. of Sports Sciences & Medicine (Hospital Administration)
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Physiotherapy -MBBS/BDS 1, MPT (General) 1,MPT(Ortho) 1 & Psychology 1
- Sanskrit, Pali and Prakrit
- School of Punjabi Studies
- School of Social Sciences-Political Science 1 ,Economics 1,History 1 & Sociology 1
How to Apply: Candidates are required to apply in the online mode only through Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar website www.gndu.ac.in. No other means / mode of application (through post, email, fax, deposit of CV etc.) will be accepted
Application Fees: Candidates are required to deposit the prescribed fees (nonrefundable) through online mode only using Credit Card/ Debit card/ Net banking. Application fees for one subject will be Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/ST & PWD candidates). The Candidates who intend to apply in more than one subjects or more than one campus will pay fee of Rs. 2000/- (Rs.1000/-for SC/ST & PWD candidates). The application submitted through online mode ONLY shall be accepted.
For exact eligibility conditions, how to apply and other details, the interested candidates should refer the Recruitment Notification uploaded on the official website of Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU) Amritsar.