Chennai: Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM), Kancheepuram, an Institution of National Importance established in 2007 by the Ministry of HRD, invites applications for PhD progarmmes. The scholars admitted to the PhD programmes under the regular-HTRA scheme (Full time) are eligible for the Half-time Teaching/Research Assistantship (HTRA).
Disciplines available for PhD: Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics and Physics.
Key Dates & Application Fees: The closing date for submission of online application is 21 November 2017. The application fee for GN/OBC-NC Male candidates is Rs.250/- while for GN/OBC-NC Female candidates and /SC/ST and PwD candidates is Rs.125/- .
Direct PhD: Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. Programme as a regular full time scholar subject to the specific conditions.
a ) Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology (ME/MTech/M Des) or a Master of Science (MS) degree by Research in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record. (Also refer to sec 5.1)
- b) Candidates with Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and of exceptional merit where eligible, for the relevant Engineering discipline and with a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration.
Eligible Degrees for Admission to PhD Programme:
- Computer Science & Engineering: Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology. Preference will be given to those with M.Tech/M.E/M.S degree in Computer Science & Engineering.(MCA / M.Sc / M.Phil are not eligible).
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering : Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)/ Electronics Engineering (Electronics and Communication Engineering) / Instrumentation Engineering or Master’s degree in Physics followed by a Master’s degree in Engineering in an area of relevance to the area of research.
- Mechanical Engineering : Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Energy Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Instrumentation, Maintenance Management, Metallurgical Engineering, Production/ Manufacturing Engineering/ Mechatronics/ CAD/CAM/ CIM and in related areas depending on the research topics.
- Mathematics : Master’s Degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/ Computer Science with GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM or M.Tech (Industrial Mathematics & Scientific Computing) or any M.Tech degree with Master’s degree in Mathematics/Physics/Statistics/ Computer Science.
- Physics: Sc/M.Sc (Tech) in Physics, Applied Physics, Materials Science/ M.Tech (Solid State Technology)/M.Tech (Materials Science)/ M.Sc. Applied Optics/ Optoelectronics or equivalent.
For exact qualification, how to apply and other details, interested candidates should refer the official PhD admission notification, uploaded on the official website of IIITDM, Kancheepuram.