Bhopal: Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal, also known as National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, has released PhD admission notification for academic year 2017-18. The PhD programmes are available in three categories: Full Time research student; Sponsored Full Time student with their workplace at their institute; Project Staff/Junior Research Fellow (JRF) working under External funded Projects. The closing date for submission of application is 30 June 2017.
Departments and Subjects: The PhD admission is available in the following departments: Civil Engineering (including Remote Sensing & GIS), Mechanical Engineering (including Production & Industrial Engineering), Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Material Science & Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Architecture & Planning, Energy Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Computer Application (MCA), Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Bioinformatics & Management Studies.
Key Dates: The closing date for submission of application is 30 June 2017. The date of written test is 16 July 2017 (Sunday). Application fee is Rs 1,500/-.
- Engineering: Master degree in Engineering with minimum of 65% or CGPA 6.5, with GATE qualified.
- Sciences: Master degree in Sciences/ Engineering with minimum of 65%) or CGPA 6.5 AND NET/Gate qualified.
- Architecture and Planning: (i) Master degree in Architecture / Planning with minimum of 65% or CGPA 6.5 with GATE qualified.
- Humanities and Social Sciences: Master degree in Humanities / Social Sciences with minimum of 65% or CGPA 6.5 AND NET Score.
- Management: Master degree in Management /Engineering with minimum of 65% or CGPA 6.5 AND NET/GATE qualified.
- Computer Applications: Master degree in Computer Applications / Engineering with minimum of 65% or CGPA 6.5, AND NET/GATE qualified.
For reserve category students i.e. SC/ST/PWD a relaxation of 5% (0.5 in CGPA) shall be given.
Selection Procedure: Selection will be based on Entrance test conducted at Institute level. Short listed meritorious candidates will be eligible for Interview.
Teaching Assistantship: Students have to assist in teaching, research, or any other co-curricular activities as assigned by the respective heads of the Department to the extent of 8 hours of work per week and will continue subjected to satisfactory performance as Teaching Assistantship.
For exact eligibility conditions, how to apply and other details, interested candidates should refer the PhD Admission 2017-18, uploaded on the official website of NIT Bhopal: