Rourkela: National Institute of Technology (NIT) Rourkela, has invited online applications from eligible candidates for admission to PhD Program for Autumn Semester 2018-19 commencing from July, 2018.
Admissions will be given preferably to the applicants who are eligible for Institute fellowship or have qualified for external fellowships. However, admission may also be considered without fellowship. Students with external fellowship like JRF-NET are especially encouraged to apply.
Key Dates: Application form will be available in the Institute website from date 27 April 2018 (Friday) & last date of submission online application form is 20 May 2018 (Sunday). Test and/ Interview (Venue – NIT, Rourkela) on 20 June 2018 (Wednesday).
Lists of Department where PhD Admission is available:
- Biotechnology and Medical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Ceramic Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Earth and Atmospheric Science
- Food Process Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Industrial Design
- Life Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Planning and Architecture
- Physics and Astronomy
- School of Management
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Program: The minimum qualification required for admission to Ph. D programs in Engineering, Science, Planning & Architecture, Management, and Humanities & Social Sciences is one of the following:
- a) M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate in both B.Tech. (or M.Sc./B.Pharm/ MCA or equivalent) and M.Tech. levels from a recognized Technical Institute or University.
- b) B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm/MCA or equivalent in relevant discipline with CGPA of 7.0 or 65 percent marks in aggregate.
- c) M.Sc. in Basic Sciences with CGPA 7.0 or 65 percent marks in aggregate in relevant disciplines. For applicants with valid GATE/NET/GPAT score, requirement may be relaxed upto 0.5 CGPA or 5% marks.
- d) M.B.B.S./B.V.Sc. with CGPA 6.5 or 60 percent marks in aggregate.
- e) M.A. / MBA / M.Com. / M. Sc. in Humanities and Social Sciences or Management with 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate.
Financial Support: Institute Fellowships are available to the Ph. D students of all the departments. For 1st & 2nd year duration rate of fellowship =Rs. 25,000/- & For 3rd, 4th & 5th year duration rate of fellowship Rs. 28,000/-subject to clearing the Progress Seminar to be conducted by the department.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria may submit their online application at http://eapplication.nitrkl.ac.in .
For exact details about eligibility conditions, how to apply and other details, the candidates should refer the Admission Notification, uploaded on the official website of NIT Rourkela.