New Delhi: Internshala, the internships and online training platform, has launched an initiative titled ‘India Employed’ campaign to help graduates build their career. Of the 6 Mn students who graduate from Indian colleges every year, only 8-10% have a job in hand. The platform has proposed internships as a solution to help the rest of the 90% graduates build their careers. Through the campaign, Internshala is pledging to help 50,000 graduates secure an internship by March 2018.
Unemployability and skill gap are two massive problems which need to be tackled right away and for this, Internshala has launched the campaign. Through this campaign, unemployed graduates who are unable to find suitable jobs can apply to internships with pre-placement offers matching their requirements. So after the internship, the graduate has a chance to land a job in the same company. The brands offering internships with pre-placement offers as a part of this campaign include Teach For India, Aditya Birla, OYO Rooms, Decathlon, and Sportskeeda. Graduates, irrespective of their year of study, can apply to over 1,600 internships.
On the launch of the campaign, Sarvesh Agrawal, the founder and CEO of Internshala, said, “Every day at Internshala, we come across inspiring stories of graduates who did an internship to build their careers. We strongly believe that internships are a solution to the problem of unemployment and can help graduates acquire the skills they require to land their first jobs.”
He added, “While Government of India has identified skill building as a top national priority, our pledge to help graduates through India Employed can play a pivotal role in solving this and make an impact on the society.”
Internshala was founded in 2010 and provides internship opportunities to over 2 million users registered with it. Students and recent graduates can find internships in a diverse range of fields including engineering, management, applied arts, science, law, design, hotel management, architecture, and so forth. In 2016-17, +4,00,000 internships (across different streams) were listed on Internshala with an average stipend of Rs. 7,500/- per month. 40% of the internships also offered an option to interns for converting the internship into a full-time employment upon completion, thus helping students with their job search as well.