Mumbai: Laja, a women’s empowerment focused social body, is hosting TATVA, a first-of-its kind event focussed on women’s welfare and entrepreneurship, targeting 200 women. The event is scheduled on 17 December 2017 (Sunday) from 10.00 am to 5.30 pm at IIT Bombay. SkillOuitlook is the online media partner for this event.
At the main event, on 17 December 2017, the start-up zone will give an opportunity to future women entrepreneurs to discuss their ideas with an expert in the field and could also get funded for the same. In the Mentor-mentee zone, the participants will get to discuss their business ideas with experts and get expert advise on how to set up their ventures. Even those looking for a job, could find a suitable opening here.
The retail and food zones are designed to give platform to existing start-ups to show what they have got.
There’s more, enriching panel discussion on ‘Myths on Feminism’ and ‘How to get back to work after a break’. Our expert panellists – social entrepreneurs, novelists, social workers, writers, entrepreneurs and also a member of the UN – will take the audience through their enriching journeys, sharing the necessary information on these crucial subjects.
The finale is action-packed with ‘The Jig’, which mixes the creative arts to give the participants and fun experience, which will distress them and also rekindle their spirits. ‘The Open Mic’will see some impromptu performances by the audience members, giving them an opportunity to showcase their talents.
Founder of Laja – Besides being the founder of LAJA, Riddhi Doshi Patel is a TedX Inspirational Speaker, Performance Skills Trainer, Behavioural Training Coach & Child Psychologist. With more than 15 years of experience in the field of betterment of women and children, Riddhi has proved that hard work, persistence and conviction make you a successful entrepreneur.
The Panelists include:
1) Aparna Sharma- HR leader, Author and an Independent Director at T.S Alloys Ltd.
2) Chetnaa Mehrotra- Founder of Rangbhumi and an Applied Theatre Arts Practitioner
3) Kalpana Chowdhary- Managing Trustee and Chairperson, Jan Seva foundation
4) Mona Sheth- Columnist, Writer, Chitralekha magazine
5) Nidhika Bahl-Chairperson, All Ladies League, Maharashtra
6) Nabomita Mazumdar- Social evangelist
7) Ruchita Dar Shah- CEO and Founder of the First Mom’s Club
8) Shraddha Patil- Founder at Mentorpreneurs and Director at Spoina
9) Harin Sheth- Owner of Sheth Publishing House
10) Reetika Revathy Subramanian- An expert in gender studies from University of Cambridge
11) Sanjay Jha- Executive Director, Dale Camegie and National Spokesperson, Indian National Congress
12) Anjali Gulati- Founder and Director, People Konnect and Back to the front
Individual speaker speaking on “Health”-
Dr. Bhavi Mody- Founder of Vrudhi Holistic Healthcare and Edupsyche.
Venue partner: Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SINE). SINE, hosted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, is an umbrella for fostering entrepreneurship and nurturing Tech start-ups at IIT Bombay.
Outreach partner: Cynergi Writer’s Forum. It is a PAN India community platform for anyone who is associated with Content and Expression, including content writers, bloggers, poets, creative writers, youtubers, social media, trainers, entrepreneurs and students.
Support partner: TakeOff Ventures
Educating, empowering, enabling individuals, businesses and start-ups for increased productivity and faster growth. It started an initiative POSH for women, guiding working women and women entrepreneurs to grow professionally, personally and socially by knowing the law and the rights and duties laid down by the law.
Event partners: Woodpecker media; WhiteNoise Hospitality;
Community partners –The Billennium Divas: Enterprising Change, Enriching World; Mommies World For U & Me.