Pune, 24 May 2023: Symbiosis International Deemed University (SIU), Pune has released All India Entrance Exam for PhD Programs, known as PET 2023. PhD Admission is available in the following research subjects: Computer Studies, Media and Communication, Health Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences, and Engineering.
The closing date for submission of online application is 22 May 2023.
Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU) will be conducting the Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET 2023) in an online mode this year.
Candidates with NET/SET/SLET/GATE/M.Phil. or are UGC/CSIR/ICMR DBT/RGNF/MANF/DST Inspire & NBHM Fellows, are exempted from the entrance test during the validity period of the certificate/award. However, such candidates have to mandatorily appear for the personal interview.
Key Dates: The online application registration has commenced from 23 April 2023. The online application is extended to 22 May 2022. The online PET will be held on 24 June 2023.
List of Departments where PhD Admission is available:
Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU) offers research programmes leading to the award of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in the following Faculty of Studies:
Ph.D. (Computer Studies)
Ph.D. (Health Sciences)
Ph.D. (Media and Communication)
Ph.D. (Humanities and Social Sciences)
A candidate seeking admission to the PhD Programme must satisfy any one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency.
- Relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled categories or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Candidates who have successfully completed the M.Phil. Degree with 55% marks or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed), shall be eligible to take admission to the Ph. D. Degree. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST//differently-abled categories.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programme.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any subject with 55% marks plus minimum of five years of work experience in the area of interdisciplinary research in which admission is being sought. Interdisciplinary research involves two or more academic, scientific, or artistic disciplines. The candidate must show evidence of his/her relevant experience in interdisciplinary area of research.
Within the available vacancies:
- Scheduled Castes – 15 %
- Scheduled Tribes – 7.5%
- Differently Abled – 3%
- Kashmiri Migrants – 2 Seats
- International Students – 15%
For exact details about eligibility conditions, how to apply and other details, the candidates should refer the Admission Notification, uploaded on the official website of Symbiosis International Deemed University.