Dubai: Dr. Cedwyn Fernandes holds the prestigious post of Director at Middlesex University Dubai Campus since 2015, before which he served as the Deputy Director at the University for a year.
He has held several academic and administrative positions in a career spanning nearly three decades, which include, CEO and Professor of Economics in the Institute of Management Technology Dubai and as Specialist in International Investments with Saudi Arabian Airlines.
At Middlesex University Dubai, Dr. Fernandes has been instrumental in launching the MBA programme and has taught the subjects of Economics, Supply Chain Management and International Business.
Dr. Fernandes holds a Ph.D. degree in Economics from the University of Mumbai, India. He has also completed ITT (Introduction to Tertiary Teaching) at the University of Wollongong, Australia.
Dr. Fernandes holds memberships in Professional bodies and associations such as:
- Indian Economic Association (IEA)
- Academy of International Business (AIB)
- Consultative Committee – Supply Chain & Logistics Group (SCLG)
Given his long-spanning academic career, Dr. Fernandes has received many notable awards and achievements:
- 2008 – Best Paper Award at First International Business Conference (IBC2008), Detroit Metropolitan, Michigan, USA
- 2007 – Finalist Dubai Economic Research Award.
- 2006 – Research Excellence Award – University of Wollongong
- 2005 – Finalist, Dubai Economic Research Award, sponsored by Dubai Economic Department. Ranked among top seven out of 158 competitive papers. Presented in Award Ceremony.
- 2004 – Best Paper Award. The European Applied Business Research Conference, Edinburgh, Scotland, June 14-18
For more information about Dr. Cedwyn Fernandes and his academic background and Middlesex University, Dubai, please click on the link: https://www.mdx.ac.ae/about-us/our-people/staff-detail/dr.cedwyn-fernandes