Loading...
You are here:  Home  >  #Top News  >  Current Article

Salary Index in India: Professionals in ICT earn the highest salary while in education and research draw the lowest

By   /  May 23, 2016  /  Comments Off on Salary Index in India: Professionals in ICT earn the highest salary while in education and research draw the lowest

    Print       Email

Mumbai: Information and communication technology (ICT) sector in India is a sunshine sector for paying the best salary package. The education and research sector is at the bottom of the pyramid in paying salary package to job seekers. The latest Monster India Salary Index Report has found that the highest median gross hourly wage has been Rs 364.42, which is the highest among other sectors. Others lucrative careers can be also found in the sector of Financial services, banking and insurance, where the median gross hourly wages stand at Rs 300.23. Surprisingly, the employees in the education and research sector draw the lowest salary with a median gross hourly wage of Rs 205.29.

The report also found wide gender pay gap exists in the Indian job market as the figure stand at 27%, based on the data eight sectors covered by the report. In terms of numbers, men earn a median gross hourly wage of Rs 288.68 while women get only a median gross wage of Rs207.85.

On a positive note the report has mentioned that a large majority job holders are satisfied with their job while 60.4% employees are satisfied with their life as a whole. However, the Monster Salary Index finds that on salary package parameter, only 55.5% of surveyed employees are happy with their paycheck.

The survey report was prepared by Monster India in association with Payeck.in (Wage Indicator Foundation), and Indian Institute of Ahmadabad (IIMA). The sample size of the survey was 31,193 respondents, of which approximately 86.50%  are men and the remaining 13.50% are women.

    Print       Email

You might also like...

IIITDM Kurnool Recruiting 27 Faculty Posts Including 05 Assistant Professors

IIITDM Kurnool Opens PhD Admission July 2024 with Institute Fellowsips! Total Seats 49

Read More →
Skilloutlook.com