Starting the journey into infertility can be a challenging and emotionally draining experience for numerous couples. Feelings of frustration often arise when a year of trying to conceive goes by without success. Fortunately, the progress made in the field of medical science has led to the development of a range of fertility options, providing optimism and support to individuals and couples as they pursue their dreams of becoming parents. One of the most renowned and effective assisted reproductive technologies is in vitro fertilization (IVF).
The Significance of IVF
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a widely adopted fertility treatment that plays a pivotal role in overcoming infertility. IVF is often recommended in the following scenarios:
- When natural conception is unattainable.
- In cases of unexplained infertility.
- When male factor infertility or abnormal sperm parameters are evident.
- In instances of fallopian tube blockage in women.
*The IVF Procedure
The IVF process typically encompasses several stages:
- Superovulation: Fertility medications are employed to stimulate the ovaries, prompting the production of multiple eggs. This process is closely monitored through ultrasound scans.
- Egg Retrieval: Eggs are gathered via a minor surgical procedure known as “egg retrieval,” which entails a slender needle being inserted through the vagina into the ovaries to collect eggs.
- Artificial Insemination: The harvested eggs are mixed with sperm and carefully monitored within a controlled setting. Occasionally, a direct injection of sperm into the egg, known as intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), may be employed.
- Embryo Transfer: The highest-quality embryos are selected and gently placed into the uterus using a thin catheter. This stage sets the course for implantation and the commencement of pregnancy.
IVF Success Rates
The success of IVF treatment varies depending on several factors, with age playing a significant role. According to the CDC, in 2019, the percentage of live births resulting from intended egg retrievals was as follows:
– 52.7% for those under 35.
– 38% for individuals aged 35-37.
– 24.4% for those between 38 and 40.
– 7.9% for those over 40.
Success rates also fluctuate based on the underlying cause of infertility and the chosen treatment strategy.
Financial Aspects of IVF
IVF process includes combining eggs and sperm in a controlled lab setting and places the resulting embryo in the uterus, is a popular fertility treatment. Average IVF cost in India ranges between ₹90,000 to ₹2,00,000.
Consider alternative fertility treatments like IUI for a more affordable option, or ICSI for male infertility concerns with IVF. PGT can screen embryos for genetic issues pre-implantation. Consult a fertility specialist for the best treatment. Emotional support, like counselling, is crucial. Building a strong support system is essential to navigate the challenges of your parenthood journey. Ortil Healthcare partners with expert clinics to help you achieve your dream of parenthood with tailored medical services.
IVF emerges as a formidable fertility solution, instilling hope in countless couples grappling with infertility. Despite its intricacy and cost, IVF’s success rates continue to improve, rendering it a viable choice for those in search of solutions for conception difficulties. Understanding the origins of infertility and exploring available treatments under the guidance of knowledgeable healthcare professionals is the first stride toward realising your long-held dream of building a family.”