Mumbai: Academic & Research writing skills provide an edge to PG students, research scholars, young scientists and faculty members (of any discipline or subject) for their career growth.
SWAYAM online platform, under Ministry of HRD, is running a course titled Academic Writing (Course No- 137). This short term online course focuses on following aspects: Research Writing, Plagiarism, Journal Metrics, etc.
At SWAYAM MOOC this course has got maximum number of exam registration (among all the SWAYAM MOOCs) and has been listed in top 30 MOOCs worldwide. So far, more than 20,000 learners across more than 85 countries have taken the advantage of the course.
Upon completing the course, one would be able master the following skills:
- To differentiate between various kind of academic writings.
- To identify and avoid the plagiarism.
- To practice the basic skills of performing quality literature review.
- To practice the basic skills of research paper, review paper and thesis writing.
- To target the research work to suitable journal and communicate for publication
- To practice the Time and team management.
- To practice digital writing or develop Open Educational Resources (OER).
- To write research proposals, conference abstract and book chapters/ book proposals.
Course Certificate: 30 Marks will be allocated for Internal Assessment (assignment/ discussion forum/ activity) and 70 Marks will be allocated for external proctored examination. 40 % minimum passing marks are needed in internal as well as external for being eligible for certificate.